Don’t wait for stories to appear in the store when you can become a member of Wheelbase Media’s weekly news service and save more than 50 percent while gaining instant access to the new features as they’re produced. Click here to get started.
If you are not a member of the media, but still wish to check out some of our stories online, visit www.theoctanelounge.com, which is owned by Wheelbase Media.
Use: Media professionals demanding a variety of automotive topics for broader readership.
What it is: Diversity matters. An automotive print product or Web site largely based on new-vehicle reviews is missing an enormous readership. Auto Know gives us the latitude to explore fantastic auto-related stories outside the realm of mere reviews. Whether it’s about how surround sound is engineered into a vehicle, European cars that will land on our shores, or knowing when it’s time to throw in the towel on your old beater, Auto Know is the perfect tool to capture new readers. . . with solid, interesting stories.
- Mac and PC page layout with accompanying text and art files for maximum work flexibility.
- Layout is 8×21.5 inches (newspaper), but can be reconfigured by your designer to fit most spaces.
- PDF of layout included.
- About 800-900 words; separate Word text included if you don’t want to use the supplied layout.
- Artwork resolution (200-250 dpi) is high enough for print use.
- Includes Photoshop layers file of main art.
- Multi-platform page layout opens with either Quark Xpress or Adobe Indesign.
- Fonts are not included, but we attempt to stay with standard system fonts. If not, just change the fonts to match your style.
In so many ways, Joey Cowan’s life didn’t really begin until he died. A history of drug and alcohol abuse, starting with his first six-pack at age 11, came crashing to a halt in 2008 when his opiate abuse led to the inevitable overdose.
‘I was clinically dead for nine-and-a-half minutes,’ he said. ‘Fortunately, the ambulance got to me in time.’
So when Cowan, now a contractor and addictions counselor in Winnipeg, Canada (pop. 670,000), has strong opinions on the legalization of marijuana (now in place in Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Alaska, and pending in Canada) he has arrived at them the hard way and doesn’t mince words when it comes to stoned drivers.