Don’t wait for stories to appear in the store when you can become a member of Wheelbase Media’s weekly news service and save more than 50 percent while gaining instant access to the new features as they’re produced. Click here to get started.
If you are not a member of the media, but still wish to check out some of our stories online, visit www.theoctanelounge.com, which is owned by Wheelbase Media.Use: Media professionals demanding top-quality automotive content for print/Web.Professional artwork, editing. What it is: Cars are nothing without the people who create them and those who own, collect and preserve them. Profiles is designed to bring prominent, interesting car people to your readers’ attention. Fun, informative and masterfully designed, like most Wheelbase features, Profiles comes to you as a Quark Xpress/Adobe InDesign module that is completely editable for any space within your print pages or automotive Web site.
- Mac and PC page layout with accompanying text and art files for maximum work flexibility.
- High-resolution artwork suitable for print.
- Includes Photoshop layers file of main art, where applicable.
- Multi-platform page layout opens with either Quark Xpress or Adobe Indesign.
- Layout is 8×21.5 inches (for newspaper use), with some depth variation from week to week, but can be reconfigured by your designer to fit most spaces.
- PDF of layout included.
- About 850 words: separate text file included.
- Fonts are not included, but we attempt to stay with standard system fonts. If not, just change the fonts to match your style.
The opening scene of the 1966 flick Grand Prix features actor James Garner in one of the most memorable movie moments of all time.
The green flag drops amid a deafening roar of Formula One machinery. A blur of drivers in their tube-shaped metal envelopes begin their full-scale assault on the streets of Monte Carlo. Split-screen images projected onto the oversized curved Cinerama screen provides an all-too-real sense of riding along with the drivers as they frantically jockey for position.